Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A mid noon visit to the Westminster Cathedral

It was an overcast noon

At the Westminster

as the

Children in the choir sang

A long, lonely hymn

That made me cry

A thousand rivers

 

I lit up a candle

And sat there in a complete melancholy

That'd gripped me

In the mountains of western ghats

And

On the banks of Godavari 

Lost

forlorn

And somber

 

Now

I am not a Christian 

Nor am I a Hindu

But I prayed

To what’s beyond the curtain

 

And if someone had asked me

'What were they singing?'

Only the angels know

I would have said. 


--
Anant Dhavale
Copyright @ Anant Dhavale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A million years

A million years On whose shoulders perches the Eagle? Who mourns through gusts of the eastern rushing winds? A boy who grew up in dullne...